Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot access management SSH/HTTPS while on WLAN

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Cannot access management SSH/HTTPS while on WLAN

Posted Jun 24, 2019 05:16 PM

I have two 7205-US controllers in an HA active/standby pair.  While on a wired connection I am able to access the management interface over SSH/HTTPS of both.  While on the internal WLAN I am unable to access either the SSH interface or HTTPS interface.

I ran a packet capture and I see the HTTPS session establishes a TCP 3 way handshake, so there appears to be bidirectional routing working.  Once I sent the TLS 1.2 Client Hello, I get no further response from the controller.  TCP retransmissions occur until the client finally sends a TCP reset, tearing the session down.

I'm unsure why this is happening as I can access the secondary (passive) controller on the WLAN without issue.  Is there anything specifically that would cause this in terms of settings to prevent/deny a user access to the management interface?

• 2.  RE: Cannot access management SSH/HTTPS while on WLAN

Posted Jun 24, 2019 07:19 PM

What role are you assigned, and what are the rules within the role?

"show user" will list users and roles.

"show rights <rolename>" will display the role, policies, and rules.

"show datapath acl id <ACL #" displays how controller sees rules (ACL # can be found in "show rights <rolename>" command

You can also check the firewall hits to see if one is blocking it.

Also, what OS version?

I hope this helps,