Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: Cannot add AP to controller

TAC should be able to dig that out of the tech support of your access points.  The access points are finding the controller, they are having connectivity issues after they do.

If this was working, think back to all the changes that were made  on the network or on the controller before it stopped working.  There could be a variety of reasons why you are having problems.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

I would say, please go on the "master" and type "show audit-trail" to see what changes have been made and when to see if changes in the past might coincide with this behavior.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor II

I don't think they ever worked, they were only connected to switches and that's about it. From what i can tell, besides the ap-as that have connectivity issues, i can see on the controller all models except the AP303h-rw (which are around 500 pcs)...and it seems that HPE did not verified my identity, therefore i cannot open TAC case. 

Guru Elite

Are the RW APs on the same subnet as the controller?  What is the regulatory domain of the controller? (show country)

How is this controller connected to the network?  Who configured the system?

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted

@FlorinD32 wrote:

Forgot to mention, i do not see any of the AP303h-rw model, but in the same switches i have other models that i can see. 

The minimum AOS for AP303H is 6.5.2.0 [link], apparently you're running 6.5.1.4 (which is quite ancient, but either way 303h will not come up).

RW's ap are in the same network as the all ap's, but i've told you that they were only installed in the ceiling, with factory settings, nothing else.

I've configured a few things, such as dhcp server, control plane security plus the whole network inside the hotell (edge and core sw). Initial config was done by a colleague of mine, which now is on vacation.

Controller is connected with fiber on sfp port to core sw, where all edge sw come. 

I have no idea if this matters, the ap's are installed in Saudi Arabia, so:

(Aruba-MC1) #show country

Model:Aruba7220
Hardware:Unrestricted

Thank you,

But if i update, do i lose all config?

You should not lose config in an upgrade, especially for 6.5.x to 6.5.x, that said, you *should* read the release notes of whatever version you upgrade to *and* follow the instructions about upgrade (e.g. make backups and extract them from the controller before doing the upgrade).

6.5.4.14 is the latest release in 6.5.x, it's quite a jump from your current version (2+ years) so as I mentioned above you should take all the normal upgrade precautions, starting with reading the release notes for known issues, caveats etc.

Thank you, i will get back with news. 

Guru Elite

@FlorinD32 wrote:

RW's ap are in the same network as the all ap's, but i've told you that they were only installed in the ceiling, with factory settings, nothing else.

I've configured a few things, such as dhcp server, control plane security plus the whole network inside the hotell (edge and core sw). Initial config was done by a colleague of mine, which now is on vacation.

Controller is connected with fiber on sfp port to core sw, where all edge sw come. 

I have no idea if this matters, the ap's are installed in Saudi Arabia, so:

(Aruba-MC1) #show country

Model:Aruba7220
Hardware:Unrestricted

I was asking about the regulatory domain, because if RW APs attempt to connect to a controller where the ap-group regualtory domain is US, it might not let them attach.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: