Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Cannot connect to internet after creating Captive Portal

So, the problem is I created the profile, it shows the login page but after that it reloads back to the same login page, it won't redirects to the given url and won't connect to internet.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Cannot connect to internet after creating Captive Portal

Where is the Captive Portal hosted? 

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor I

Thank you for replying, Its hosted on a aruba 7210 controller overseeing over 300 campus access points.

MVP Guru

Does your client transition to the authenticated role? What is doing acting as the db for the Captive Portal?

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Occasional Contributor I

Ok so for internal DB user role is set to guest, is there any problem about this setup. How could I know if clients are authenticated or not?

MVP Guru

If you check the GUI/CLI you will see the User Role, this will be your initial role (unauthenticated) or authenticated role (e.g guest etc).

Here's the instructions to configure a Captive Portal.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_60/UserGuide/Captive_Portal.php

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Occasional Contributor I

"The Initial Role must be exactly the same as the name of the captive portal authentication profile you created". I can't understand this part because whenever I create a captive profile it automatically would not create a implicit user role and ACL of the same name , so I have no way to add the captive profile to the AAA profile I created. Hence , I use guest-logon user role and add the created captive profile to the firewall policies in the ACL section.  

MVP Guru

Are you able to share your config? The Captive Portal profile should be referenced in the User Role which you have. The Captive Portal is displaying but the client does not authenticate. This suggests the internal db is not defined in the Server Group?

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Occasional Contributor I

Sorry, I am not at the office so could not share the config, but in the captive profile that I created, I haven't added any server group, the server group is internal.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: