Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot delete dhcp exclude address range

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Cannot delete dhcp exclude address range

Posted Dec 27, 2013 01:58 AM
    Dear All Master, here is the newbie who need your help regarding some problem which i have in my aruba controller. the problem is, i cannot delete some "dhcp exclude address range" when i try to delete it, here is the error message which i've got =================================================== (Aruba-Master) # configure t Enter Configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z (Aruba-Master) (config) #no ip dhcp excluded-address 172.24.20.2 172.24.20.100 ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker. (Aruba-Master) (config) #no ip dhcp excluded-address 172.24.20.2 Failed to remove. Maximum DHCP address limit of 512 hit. You may want to exclude unused address ranges. (Aruba-Master) (config) # ==================================================== what should i do..? is there any way that i have to do before delete it..? Thank you very much Warm regards Ari

• 2.  RE: Cannot delete dhcp exclude address range

Posted Dec 27, 2013 09:17 AM

Try the command with only the lower address in the excluded range as an argument:

no ip dhcp excluded-address 172.24.20.2

• 3.  RE: Cannot delete dhcp exclude address range

Posted Apr 11, 2014 04:48 AM

Yep, I have exactly the same issue, this looks like a very annoying bug.

Miguel

• 4.  RE: Cannot delete dhcp exclude address range

Posted Aug 28, 2015 01:46 PM

no ip dhcp excluded-address command didn't work for me.

I got an error - Failed to remove. Maximum DHCP address limit of 5120 hit.

The most annoing is that dhcp server is disabled and no dhcp pools are defined on the controller.

• 5.  RE: Cannot delete dhcp exclude address range

Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:23 PM

If that's the case why are you trying to remove that from the controller if is not defined on the controller ?

• 6.  RE: Cannot delete dhcp exclude address range

Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:49 PM

There was a pool difined for 172.16.0.0/16.  The pool size was to big. I've added additional exclusion to free up some aviable leases for an additional pool. Anfortunatelly it accepted exluded range but didn't free up leases.

I've decided to delete pool and recreated new pools. Now i have exluded renges which I cannot remove.

I've rebuild pool but still cannot delete them.

If I have a pool for network 172.16.0.0/16 and exclusion range 172.16.0.1 - 172.16.251.255

It should leave me scope for 1022 addresses in the range 172.16.252.1 - 172.16.255.254.

#show running-config | include dhcp

show multiple exlusion ranges and some of those ara listed twice.

• 7.  RE: Cannot delete dhcp exclude address range

Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:58 PM

Problem was solved.

I've created a new small pool and re-enabled dhcp server. 

Than controller let me delete uneeded exludion ranges.

Thank everyone.