Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

Posted Jul 31, 2019 08:58 AM

Hi,

I'm encountering the following issue when trying to copy flashbackup.tar.gz to a tftp server:

(aruba-master) #backup flash
    Please wait while we tar relevant files from flash...
    Please wait while we compress the tar file...
    File flashbackup.tar.gz created successfully on flash.
    Please copy it out of the switch and delete it when done.

(aruba-master) #copy flash: flashbackup.tar.gz tftp: 10.8.3.20 flashbackup.tar.gz

Error copying file flashbackup.tar.gz:Error code 1: File not found

(aruba-master) #dir

[snip]
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root       609306 Jul 31 13:45 flashbackup.tar.gz
    [snip]

Any advice? I have also tried via the GUI and receive the same error.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2019 09:22 AM

Did you try to copy it using other methods, besides tftp?

• 3.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

Posted Jul 31, 2019 09:30 AM

Thank you, using scp worked. I didn't think to try as I've historically not had problems copying via tftp.

• 4.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2019 09:34 AM

ANY other copying method is faster and has fewer restictions than TFTP.  I wonder if it is the size of the file that is the problem...

• 5.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

Posted Aug 19, 2019 09:42 PM

Trying scp is the same symptom. Please!!!!! I want to solve that problem too

• 6.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2019 09:48 PM

type "show storage" to see if you ran out of room.

• 7.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

Posted Aug 19, 2019 10:00 PM

Enough everything worked fine
    But the only error is that there is no file.

(Aruba3400) #show storage 
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    none                    300.0M      4.2M    295.8M   1% /tmp
    /dev/hda3               392.7M    109.1M    263.4M  29% /flash

plase help me :-< 

Aruba3400 #dir

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 80745 Aug 20 10:28 flashbackup.tar.gz

-TFTP try-

(Aruba3400) #copy flash: flashbackup.tar.gz tftp: 192.168.54.84 flashbackup.tar.gz 

Error copying file flashbackup.tar.gz:Error code 1: File not found

-SCP try-

(Aruba3400) #copy flash: flashbackup.tar.gz scp: 192.168.54.84 admin flashbackup.tar.gz 
    Password:******

Secure file copy:....
    Error copying file:

• 8.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2019 10:02 PM

What version of ArubaOS is this?

• 9.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

Posted Aug 19, 2019 10:27 PM
    Version is in progress with 6.4.4.10
    In addition, the controller is 3xxx.

Is there a problem with the version?

• 10.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 20, 2019 03:33 AM

I don't know, but that is an old version and it is older hardware.  Did you try deleting the flashbackup.tar.gz and trying again?

Try typing "tar crash" to see if a "crash.tar" file is created and then delete the crash.tar file.  After you do that, try to create the flashbackup again.

• 11.  RE: Cannot retrieve flashbackup.tar.gz from controller (Error code 1: File not found)

Posted Aug 28, 2019 04:56 AM
      |   view attached

Solved.
    Create an empty file called XXXX.tar.gz in the folder where you want to save it.

If you follow the rest of the procedure, it'll work.