Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Captive Portal Not using my Known CA Cert

Sorry - yeah, I know it doesn't need to be the hostname since it just pulls the name from the cert for the redirect.

Back to the original question though - if I do a CSR off box and put the cert on both devices, will that solve the problem of the cert not being used for captive portal?

Guru Elite

No. You can't pull the private key off a controller. You need to generate the cert on another box that allows export.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks.

I'm still curious as to the answer to my original question.  I've put the cert on the main/active controller and set it to be used for captive portal, but it is still not being used.  Is this because I don't have the same cert on the inactive controller?  Or could it be something else?

I'm getting the cert reissued now with a CSR that was generated from somewhere else so it can be applied to both controllers, but should that resolve the problem of the captive portal not using the known CA cert I installed?  Or is there another issue?  It seems like since the active node has the cert, it should work now even though I don't have the same cert on the other node yet.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: