Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal Question

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal Question

Posted Jul 29, 2014 09:14 AM

Currently running 6.3.x ArubaOS and looking to go to 6.4.x ArubaOS wondered if there is anyway to have a Captive Portal for Guest access that will format the page based on the device connecting?  Currently it looks fine with a Windows or Mac based device, but using a Android or iPhone or such it presents a full site view.  Currently don't have Clear Pass as I'm know that would address that issue.

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2014 09:16 AM
    You would need to upload a dynamic template.

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2014 10:07 AM
    ClearPass is the only fix that I know of. Only need ClearPass for Guest?

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal Question

Posted Jul 29, 2014 11:19 AM

Clearpass may be the only way to have a diffrent webpage for a device type, but I think the easier solution would be to get a mobile-savvy web dev to re-create your on-controller custom captive portal to be more adaptive to the screen width.

Modern web devs are able to create pages with simple HTML5/CSS that adapt very well to diffrent screen widths, so the page items would become more vertical when showing up on the mobile devices.

I'm not arguing against Clearpass, but it seems like a big expense if this is the only problem you are attempting to solve with it!

Aaron

• 5.  RE: Captive Portal Question

Posted Jul 29, 2014 11:46 AM

You can do a UDR based on the device fingerprint and then pointing the device to different role which will point the device to the right portal