Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal ask for relogin several times

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal ask for relogin several times

Posted May 29, 2014 11:06 AM

Hi,

I have some clients working with IPAD who complain about captive portal login page.

I have a 7210 controller with ArubaOS 6.4.0.3 installed, and problem is that they have to introduce several times their user and password in order to get internet access. (Clients introduce their credentials and Captive Portal Login page appear again).

This issue started after ArubaOS upgrade.

Authentications is against a radius server, and i don't see any problem when i use "show aaa authentication-server radius statistics" command

Anyone have a similar issue?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal ask for relogin several times

Posted May 29, 2014 11:09 AM

You probably do , but have you enabled Apple CNA bypass under the Layer 3 profile ?

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal ask for relogin several times

Posted Jun 02, 2014 03:55 AM

Hi, 

I don't have Apple CNA bypass enable because it blocks automatic captive portal validation. This is a Wifi network for clients in a hotel, and if I have Apple CNA bypass enable people complain about they don't have internet access (just because they don't open a browser and try to navegate).

However, I think problem is clear for me now. Problem isn't a authentication failure. Problem is a redirect failure from iOS 7 network assistant.

In order to fix this issue i have to use an external captive portal with a external link to Welcome Page after client validation.

Thank you for your help

Regards