Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal logon problem with 6.1.2.4

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal logon problem with 6.1.2.4

Posted Dec 01, 2011 08:39 PM

We have a logon problem with CP after upgraded to 6.1.2.4. The logon will fail to load most of the time.

After various checking, we found that client can associate with AP and got a IP address and have the

logon role assigned. By ping test over the default gateway (L2 pass though setup) and the controller's

interface IP, There are serious packet loss from 25% to 75% and some time completely failure. When

ping is completely failure, reboot of AP it associate can help to improve the packet loss rate to 50% or

lower right after the reboot.

We tried to remove BW contract and increase Max Session (from 20 increase to 200) of the logon role

but have no improvement. Once the client authenticated, network access will improve. The problem

seems didn't affect WPA/WPA2 SSID and widely spread over our 1100+ AP. The level of failure seems

various from AP to AP and also various with time.

Anyone have that problem too? Can someone share your finding if you have such problem too?

We had upgrade from 3.4 to 6.1.2.1 then 6.1.2.2 and 6.1.2.2_30153. We didn't try 6.1.2.3.

May be the problem also appear in 6.1.2.3.

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal logon problem with 6.1.2.4

Posted Dec 01, 2011 11:39 PM

Hi Johnny,

I would suggest that you open up a case with TAC.  AOS 6.1.2.5 is the most current build.  

Things I would check:

- client is able to associate and get an IP address

- the correct roles are being assigned

- are you able to get past captive-portal sometimes or is it always failing?

-michael

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal logon problem with 6.1.2.4

Posted Dec 02, 2011 02:52 AM

Hi Michael,

We had already open a TAC case last week but no fix so far.

Client is able to obtain IP and role is correctly associated. Most of the time will fail to get logon page.

Once logged in, it is ok.

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal logon problem with 6.1.2.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2011 04:07 AM

Is this ALL of your clients, or a single client?

• 5.  RE: Captive Portal logon problem with 6.1.2.4

Posted Dec 02, 2011 01:54 PM

This is a bug that causes the auth process to crash. Check your processes with : show process monitor statistics | include auth.

If the auth process has more than a couple of restarts you have the bug.

TAC informed me that the fix for this is to come in 6.1.3.0 which should be out end of the year or shortly after.

• 6.  RE: Captive Portal logon problem with 6.1.2.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2011 04:45 PM

mmcnamee and Twotech, I think the poster is saying he is having problems with the captive portal page coming up.  That does not have anything to do with auth.

• 7.  RE: Captive Portal logon problem with 6.1.2.4

Posted Dec 02, 2011 02:51 PM

Hi JohnnyAUyeung,

I'm currently running 6.1.2.3 and did have a auth crash problem, if indeed that's the problem that you're having, but it only happened when I enabled ip domain lookup. I'm afraid to update to the latest code, too many bugs in the latest releases in my opinion. I try to work around the problems.

Peter