Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal - multiple devices for 1 guest user

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal - multiple devices for 1 guest user

Posted Aug 28, 2018 03:03 PM

Hey community,

I have one question about guest users on aruba mobility controller 7210 with software version 6.5.4.8. I´m from germany so I hope you can understand me.

Is it possible that the controller can limit the device access for a guest user?

for example 1 guest user can login from his tablet and personal computer, but the third device for example smartphone is not allowed?

We wannt to prevent that the guest user can share the username and password with uninvited guest user. (VIP user with guest account for wlan, "normal" user without guest accounts)

It would be really great if we can use the function.

Have a nice day all

Greetings Wolfgang

Greetings

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal - multiple devices for 1 guest user

Posted Aug 28, 2018 06:02 PM
    You a policy engine like ClearPass to do that
    Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal - multiple devices for 1 guest user

Posted Aug 29, 2018 12:21 AM

Good Morning,

thank you for your answer.

We can use Clearpass next year because the lic is to much (2500 more users) at this step.

So we need a solution for the next 6 month without Clearpass software.

I know it´s not great but I hope we can realivze the feature with limit user guest access

Greetings Wolfgang

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal - multiple devices for 1 guest user
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 04:31 AM

In the L3 Captive portal profile on the controller, there is an option: Allow only one active user session. So you can limit guest users to a single concurrent device. For higher limits or stickiness to specific devices (not concurrent), use an external policy engine as mentioned before.