Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal roaming for Android device

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal roaming for Android device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 04:31 AM

Hi,

Currently we have a customer with captive portal network authentication.

trying to connect with Android device, getting an IP address and login through the captive portal - all works fine.

While trying to roam from one AP to another the client gets "Internet Connection error" and unable to reconnect again.

The client is unable to reconnect until i'm disconnect it from the controller.

From the tests i've done it's seems something related to the IP address, because while using static IP this problem doesn't occurs.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thx

Tal

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal roaming for Android device

Posted Aug 16, 2017 09:33 AM

Is the controller acting as DHCP server for the client?

It only happens for android?

What roaming are you doing? APs on the same controller or APs on different controller?

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal roaming for Android device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 11:52 AM

We have Microsoft DHCP server and we using relay, but I've tried using DHCP server on the controller and the result was the same.

It happens only with Android devices (we tried several of those), no issue with Apple or Windows laptops and the roaming occurs between AP's with two controllers in master redundancy topology.

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal roaming for Android device

Posted Aug 17, 2017 02:42 AM

If you disconnect and reconnect the client, does it get the same IP address?

Did you try without captive portal? (just open)