Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal with radius srv: no auth attempt with iPhone

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal with radius srv: no auth attempt with iPhone

MVP
    Posted Mar 01, 2012 11:13 AM

So I've set up a captive portal with radius authentication.

The radius server is Amigopod with an internal and ldap database.

The captive portal is a redirect to a weblogin page on the amigopod. To create an account there's a link on the weblogin to the guest_register page. All this works like it should: the captive portal pops up, the redirect to the self-registration works and the registration itself creates an account.

On the receipt page I've removed everything but a button that redirects back to the weblogin page. The account details are given via SMS only. In case it matters: the buttons code is as follows:

<input type="button" value="Continue to logon" onclick="location.href = 'amigo_logon.php'" />

Now when PC's try to logon, no problem whatsoever.

But when iPhones log in using the provided account details they get redirected back to the weblogin page. Nothing else happens.

To troubleshoot I increased logging levels:

logging level debugging security process authmgr
    logging level debugging security subcat aaa

show log security all | include aaa 

This show command actualy shows NO radius request go out for the iPhones. After trying a few time often it does work and I do get a radius request here and the phone logs on succesfully.

In contrast.. when using a pc this does not seem to be an issue. Pc logs on, a radius request leaves the controller and he's authenticated.

So.. how does one troubleshoot this?

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal with radius srv: no auth attempt with iPhone

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 03, 2012 10:08 PM

What OS on the phones?

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal with radius srv: no auth attempt with iPhone
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Mar 06, 2012 03:01 AM

Please ignore. OCSP was triggering the captive portal again getting safari stuck on it..

Problem fixed.