Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal configuration not working!!!!

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Captive portal configuration not working!!!!

Posted Jul 18, 2013 03:09 AM

I have a internanal network 192.168.5.0 and DNS using 203.82.48.3  203.82.48.4.

I have made a vlan (192.168.3.0) for guests. done all the captive portal configuration. L3 profile, AAA profile, SSID etc.

But i dont know how to setup the internet on controller , so that the guest users can  be authenticated on captive portal then to have an access on the internet.

Kindly Help me.

Skype ID          ruhail_maqsood

• 2.  RE: Captive portal configuration not working!!!!
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2013 03:56 AM

Is the controller acting as a client gateway for guest ?  And the switch ip on Internet VLAN ?

• 3.  RE: Captive portal configuration not working!!!!

Posted Jul 18, 2013 04:01 AM

Till yet there is no internet on the controller.... Dear i am  a new user on aurba...

Yes i want to be the controller act as a gateway for the guest users.  In the internal network we diddnt define any VLAN...

can you add me on skype so that i wil share you my screen through TV session

• 4.  RE: Captive portal configuration not working!!!!

Posted Jul 18, 2013 04:05 AM

kindly help me as soon as posible... i am stucked on this point from last 2 days....

• 5.  RE: Captive portal configuration not working!!!!
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2013 05:54 AM

Thanks for your time here. Once we map the internet vlan port to the controller vlan and configured the ip nat inside; internet and guest-traffc with captiveportal is working fine now.  Kindly keep in touch with us in case of any help you need.

• 6.  RE: Captive portal configuration not working!!!!

Posted Jul 19, 2013 01:23 AM

Hi Sriram,

I am unable to access the controller to GUI through 192.168.2.1. Through CLI mode and by command" Show controller-ip "

it is showing controller ip 192.168.2.1 of VLAN 2 but not able to access it...

• 7.  RE: Captive portal configuration not working!!!!

Posted Jul 19, 2013 03:00 AM

Dear Sriram,

Mac authentication is working fine.

But captive portal is also not working ... although the valn 3 is in operational mode...

kindly help me in this regared

• 8.  RE: Captive portal configuration not working!!!!

Posted Jul 18, 2013 05:54 AM

Thanks sriram for your great support.. I get the solution from your support.

It was pleasure day with you...