04-06-2018 03:58 AM
What happens if I create a Captive portal page by unchecking the user login and guest login under captive portal. I want my customers to connect to the ESSID and get the welcome page alone without any username, password or Email ID. Is it possible to just get a welcome page.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Re: Captive portal with no authentication
04-06-2018 07:22 AM
You'll need either user or guest login enabled for the captive portal, if users are to be able to pass through it.
For what you've described, use guest login. Guest login simply means the credentials aren't being validated against an authentication server. Embed a guest username in the captive portal page, and when the guest reaches the welcome page, they can click to pass through.
Aruba Customer Engineering
04-07-2018 03:58 PM - edited 04-07-2018 04:27 PM
You can do that by unchecking both user and guest buttons in the Captive Portal Authentication profile.
Since you are not using authentication, to simplify things make sure that "Use HTTP for Authentication" is checked and put the URL that you want users redirected to in the "Redirect URL" parameter (make sure you put http:// in front of that page):
- Uncheck user and guest authentication in Captive Portal Authentication Profile
- Check "Use http for authentication" in Captive Portal Authentication Profile
- Change the "Redirect URL" parameter in the Captive Portal Authentication Profile to the URL you want (make sure it has http:// or https:// in front of it).
- Go to Configuration> Management > Captive Portal > Customize Login Page and upload your company's jpeg for the splash page
- The "Redirect Pause" parameter in the Captive Portal authentication profile determines how long it will stop on the jpeg splash page before being redirected to the Redirect URL.
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Sign up for Security Alerts
Aruba Technical Webinars