Wireless Access

Contributor I

Centralised Licensing

I am proposing few pairs of 7010s for a large project i am working on.

I want to propose a controller for holding licenses (Centralised License and pushing configuration out to all other 7010s)

Can i use any controller to store and push configurations or does the controller need to be a size that can store more than the total number of APs in the local sites?

For example if the total AP count is about 500, do i need to use 7200 series for centralised licenses or can i use 7030s.

Guru Elite

Re: Centralised Licensing

Are you doing master-local or all master?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

Planning to put 7010s in pairs of locals locally and master in the DC

If you have any suggestions please let me know as well

Guru Elite

In an all master environment or master-local, a license key can be installed that is larger than the platform limit. Each controller will be limited by the platform limit.

You'll need to have a 7200 series as your master controller or use the two 7010s as an all-master environment. The 7000 series are not designed to be a master controller in a master-local toplogy.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: