Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Centralised licensing multi-Controller set up

Hi,

Can anyone help me understand what happens in the below situation. 

We have 2 DC's, DC 1 has a master and a primary local controller, AP's terminate on this local controller, the master terminates APs when primary fails. DC2 has a secondary local controller and terminates AP's when Master and primary local fails. Centralised licensing is enabled. 

Can anyone describe what happens when we have the below failure: 

DC1 has a complete outage, The secondary local controller should take over, how does centralised Licensing work in this scenario, or does it? 

Thanks in advance.

Guru Elite

Re: Centralised licensing multi-Controller set up

Please read the user guide sections on multi-controller deployments of centralized licensing to see what scenarios are supported here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6.4.4.x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Multi__Network.htm?Highlight=centralized

Long story short, if you have not designated a backup centralized licensing server, you have 30 days to license your controllers individually.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Guru Elite

Re: Centralised licensing multi-Controller set up

30 days.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: