Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Centralized Licensing and DR site Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Centralized Licensing and DR site Controller

Posted Aug 10, 2014 03:58 AM

Hi All

I have 2 sites one is caled MAIN site with 2 Controllers working as Master and Backup and all the APs and clients are located, i have another site (DR SITE) that requires another controller so when the main site goes down that controller can take over.

1. Do i need separate set of Licenses for the DR Site?

2. How will the Layer 2 and Layer 3 redundancy work?

Thanks

Mahathma

• 2.  RE: Centralized Licensing and DR site Controller

Posted Aug 10, 2014 04:19 AM

I also have CPPM in the DR site, will this be similar to the Controllers, when Main site goes down can the DR site CPPM take over automatically and how?

• 3.  RE: Centralized Licensing and DR site Controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2014 11:17 AM
    The controllers would share licensing.

If it's a backup master, you would do VRRP redundancy between the two controllers and point your APs to this address (lms-ip). The controllers must both be in at least one L2 segment.

For the ClearPass redundancy, you would simply put both servers in your server group and if the first one goes down, the controller will mark it out of service and use the DR one. You could also just use a virtual-ip on the ClearPass servers and point everything to that single IP. You'll also want to turn on auto promote publisher.