Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Centralized Licensing

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Centralized Licensing

Posted Aug 11, 2017 07:18 AM

I have a question about the "Centralized Licensing".

I have 1 Master controller, which is license server, and two Local controllers as license clients with a license pool of 32 ap licenses.

The Master controller (license server) fails and then I add a new 8 ap license to the first Local controller.

What would happened with the new installed license?

• 2.  RE: Centralized Licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2017 07:39 AM
    If your licensing master fails, you have 30 days to replace it before the centralized licenses stop working. Any licenses installed on a physical controller will work in perpetuity on that controller if the centralized licensing master is inaccessible.

• 3.  RE: Centralized Licensing

Posted Aug 11, 2017 07:56 AM

Hi Colin,

thanks for your  quick answer.

So the 8 ap license I have installed on the first local controller, after the license server failed, could only be used by this local controller?

The second local controller can not used this 8 ap license, he only uses the centralized licenses for 30 days, right?

If the license server is reachable again, would he add the 8 ap license to the centralized license pool?