Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Centralized licensing

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Centralized licensing

Posted Apr 15, 2014 06:10 AM

Hi friends!

Can i get a old controller that is a master, to pull licenses off a centralised licensing server?

Will it use it's local licenses first then use the shared pool off the licencing server?

Is this where the "License Server IP" comes in to play?

• 2.  RE: Centralized licensing

Posted Apr 15, 2014 07:35 AM

Please see the following on Centralized Licensing:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Multi__Network.htm

If you enable Centralized Licensing in a master/local setup, the master (licensing server) will pull all of the licenses from the local controllers into the central pool.   The only exception are controller-specific licenses (PEF-V or AP licenses that were embedded; for example part number 3200-8).    All controllers in the setup can pull licenses from the pool on an as needed basis.  Those that have embedded licenses will use those first, then go to the pool for more when needed.

• 3.  RE: Centralized licensing

Posted Apr 15, 2014 07:39 AM

the thing is this controller is not a local controller and I want it to take licenses out of the pool

this is owing to a controller migration I got going on at the moment

• 4.  RE: Centralized licensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 15, 2014 07:41 AM

It might be easier for you to just request eval licenses for your migration.

• 5.  RE: Centralized licensing

Posted Apr 15, 2014 08:28 AM

Licenses cannot be shared across master/local topologies (you can in an all master deployment).  If you have a 2nd master outside ofa master/local setup, then it cannot pull from that pool.   If this is for a migration, Tim's eval suggstion should get you through.