Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Centrilized license with build in license

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Centrilized license with build in license

Posted Sep 21, 2017 11:47 AM

HEllo guys i would like to know how it works the build in license and the centrilized license.

The scenario would be this one

2 7210 Master and master Stand by

They already got 1 7210 with 128 EDU license bundle

They want to add another one for redundancy but want to add more license.

Was thinking on another 7210 with 128 EDU license.

Now if i enable the centrlized license would i have 256 license on the pool? or this does not work with build in license?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Centrilized license with build in license

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 11:54 AM

Controllers do not share information about built-in licenses to the licensing server. A controller using the centralized licensing feature will use its built-in licenses before it consumes available licenses from the license pool. As a result, when a client controller sends the licensing server information about the licenses that a client is using, it only reports licenses taken from the licensing pool, and disregards any built-in licenses used.

• 3.  RE: Centrilized license with build in license

Posted Sep 21, 2017 12:04 PM

So in my scenario it wont work...

I will have 128 license in each controller  but the active controller will just have 128 instead of 256 

Iam right?

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Centrilized license with build in license

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 12:13 PM

The license pool would show 0 zero licenses as the built in licenses are not shared with other controllers. The controller would show 128 licenses as these are built in.

*EDIT* The below should show you what you are looking for...

#show license server-table