Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Certificate Issue with iOS

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Certificate Issue with iOS

Posted Feb 03, 2012 10:40 AM

Hi everyone
    Here is the issue... 
    We want to put this certificate on the Captive Portal, we create de CSR on the controller and go to VeriSign to get  a Cerrtificate

We upload it as PEM, server cert, but the issue comes when we try to connect an iPad, iPhone, iPod or Android devices, on Laptops it goes ok, but on that devices for example iOS we get this.

IMG_0565[1].PNG

And we do not want to pop up this message on this devices.

Can you help me with that.

thanks a lot.

• 2.  RE: Certificate Issue with iOS

Posted Feb 03, 2012 11:48 AM

I've been told they are working on a certificate that will come part of a future firmware update.

It's been an issue for me since day one.

Glad to know it's being addressed, but it's now be 7 months that I've been waiting for a fix...

• 3.  RE: Certificate Issue with iOS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2012 12:18 PM

@Chris Wagner wrote:

I've been told they are working on a certificate that will come part of a future firmware update.

It's been an issue for me since day one.

Glad to know it's being addressed, but it's now be 7 months that I've been waiting for a fix...

Chris,

Aruba has a built-in proof of concept certificate that should only be used for proof of concepts.  When deployed, customers are highly encouraged to replace this to ensure their security.  There is no certificate that can be deployed that will replace something that you need to purchase to secure your network.  There is nothing to address with regards to proof of concept certificates on the controller.

• 4.  RE: Certificate Issue with iOS

Posted Feb 03, 2012 03:29 PM

Hi Colin:

My response was a little quick as this was on the controller forum (didn't note that when posting).

Really, my response belongs to the IAP line and captive portal.

• 5.  RE: Certificate Issue with iOS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2012 04:38 PM

Thanks for clarifying, Chris.

• 6.  RE: Certificate Issue with iOS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2012 12:10 PM

@Ness wrote:

Hi everyone
    Here is the issue... 
    We want to put this certificate on the Captive Portal, we create de CSR on the controller and go to VeriSign to get  a Cerrtificate

We upload it as PEM, server cert, but the issue comes when we try to connect an iPad, iPhone, iPod or Android devices, on Laptops it goes ok, but on that devices for example iOS we get this.

IMG_0565[1].PNG

And we do not want to pop up this message on this devices.

Can you help me with that.

thanks a lot.

Most likely you have to allow http traffic to the OSCP server of your CA.  Please see the knowledgebase post here:  http://kb.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin/arubanetworks.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=643