Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Certificate error when accessing controller

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Certificate error when accessing controller

Posted Dec 19, 2011 01:30 PM

I have imported a new server certificate (and used the DNS entry to the controller as the "common name" while issuing the CSR) into my controller but I still come across the certificate error in Internet Explorer. When I look into the details of the certificate, it says, "Issued to: securelogin.arubanetworks.com". I thought the common name I specified would change that to our DNS entry but apparently that hasn't happened. Any ideas on what I might be missing here?

• 2.  RE: Certificate error when accessing controller
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 19, 2011 02:17 PM

After you imported the certifictae to the controller, you should configure the controller to use the new certificate for webserver on the controller.

In GUI

Management > General > WebUI Management Authentication Method > server certificate (select your new certificate)

CLI:

(MC1-Sunnyvale-3600) (config)# web-server switch-cert <name of the cert>

The CA that issued the  new certificate should also be a trusted CA in the certificate store of the client in order to get rid of the error

Regards,

Sathya

• 3.  RE: Certificate error when accessing controller

Posted Dec 19, 2011 06:04 PM

That's what I was missing! Thanks sathya!