Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

Posted Nov 20, 2017 11:46 AM

Hi community, my question is: how can I change the captive portal's url?

At this moment we have: https://10.254.2.x/guest/......

What we want to do is to change the IP address to a specific name(cppm-xxx.xxx), cause we have generated a SSL certificate related with cppm-xxx.xxx, also we have already uploaded it to the Virtual Controller as a Captive Portal type. I have tried to change the IP address to the CN on Clearpass Guest--> Web logins and nothing happened.

We have: Aruba IAP 225 (Virtual Controller as NAD) and Clearpass with Captive Portal configured.

Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 20, 2017 11:50 AM

In the External Captive Portal profile on the IAP, you need to change the ip and hostname fields:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/CaptivePortal/External%20Captive%20Portal.htm#Using

It is the IAP that determines where the client initially redirects.

• 3.  RE: Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

Posted Nov 20, 2017 02:23 PM

Hi Colin thank you for your reply.

I have changed the IP to the hostname and now when I connect my device to the guest SSID the browser says that the page isn't redirecting correctly.

• 4.  RE: Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 20, 2017 03:05 PM

Do you have a DNS entry for that hostname?  Try to resolve the hostname on the client.

• 5.  RE: Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

Posted Nov 27, 2017 11:06 AM

Hi Colin,

Yes, the DNS server is resolving that hostname.

I was wondering if the captive portal needs to be configured again from zero. Just wondering.

• 6.  RE: Change exisiting Captive Portal URL

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2017 11:16 AM

So, the IAP and the ClearPass boxes should have different Captive Portal Certificates.  You should not be referencing the fqdn of the certificate that you uploaded to the IAP.  You should be referencing the fqdn of the clearpass box.