Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Change the dns for the provisionned ap

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Change the dns for the provisionned ap

Posted Dec 05, 2011 08:16 AM

Hi,

i need to make a massive change on ally my ap:

i want to change the dns ip set when i provisionned my ap, but i prefer to not do it ap per ap.

Is there somethnig to do that per group of ap?

Regards.

• 2.  RE: Change the dns for the provisionned ap

Posted Dec 05, 2011 08:21 AM

AFAIK, the only way to do that for a group of APs is to select APs of a specific type (all AP 125s or all AP 105s) and then set the DNS name and reprovision (remember they will reboot when you do this).

I don't know of a way to do it by AP group and the GUI wont let you provision different model APs at the same time.

This may not work, though, if you use static IP addresses on the APs.

• 3.  RE: Change the dns for the provisionned ap

Posted Dec 05, 2011 08:26 AM

Sorry, may have mistaken the question... did you ask about changing the name of the master controller or the DNS server IP address?  If it is the DNS server IP address and you have static IP addresses, you cant make a wholesale change.  You will have to do it manually.

As Colin said, if the DNS IP is handed out by DHCP, just make the change on the DHCP server.

If you asked about the master controller name, then my original post shoud answer that.

• 4.  RE: Change the dns for the provisionned ap

Posted Dec 05, 2011 08:44 AM

Ok, your fist answer is fine to me.

I will do it like that on the next upgrade.

Many thanks.

• 5.  RE: Change the dns for the provisionned ap

Posted Dec 05, 2011 08:47 AM

You could also script the "re-provision AP" commands on the CLI if you wanted to/had hundreds of APs to do.