Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Changing default Virtual Controller DHCP range

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Changing default Virtual Controller DHCP range

Posted Feb 20, 2013 05:49 PM

I just got in 4 Aruba IAP-105s that I am setting up for the first time.  The Aruba network is giving out 192.168.11.X addresses with a 192.168.11.1 default gateway which doesn't match the IP I've assigned the APs or the subnetting of my network.  Where can I find the option to change the default DHCP range?

• 2.  RE: Changing default Virtual Controller DHCP range

Posted Feb 20, 2013 05:54 PM

Hi

Good night.

in InstantAP - u can get a DHCP from a local vlan (connected to the virtual control unit)

or get a DHCP assigen by the virutal controler itself (it cannot be modifed or changed)

asdasdas.PNG

the   Guest functionlality is designed to use the controller assigned IP addressing and the client traffic will be NAT'ed to the virtual controller address

• 3.  RE: Changing default Virtual Controller DHCP range

Posted Feb 20, 2013 05:59 PM
      |   view attached

Also

Download the attached PDF - it will give u a quick and short guide on how to config.

sdfdsfdsf.PNG

This guide contain all the needed info in order to deploy guest + enteprise wlans with InstatAP in just a few min, written by:

kevinklee

• 4.  RE: Changing default Virtual Controller DHCP range

Posted Feb 20, 2013 08:32 PM

If you are referring that you are doing virtual controller assigment instead static vlan... then you change it here..

dhcp.png