Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Changing the Virtual Controller IP address in live prod., will breaks the APs and knock users off?

Hi All,

Currently, we have deployed 3 IAPs in the production network. All Three of them is reachable. However, there is no reachability to Virtual Controller IP. Below are IPs details:

AP1: 192.168.70.12 (Vlan 350)

AP2: 192.168.70.13 (Vlan 350)

AP3: 192.168.70.14 (Vlan 350)

Virtual Controller IP: virtual-controller-vlan 350 255.255.255.0 192.168.70.254

We have figured out that the gateway address 172.168.70.254 is not appropriate and would like to change to 192.168.70.4

The questions are - If we change the gateway detail, will there any impact on currently connected users? Will it be disconnected? if yes, what the best way to change it without losing the connectivity?

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Changing the Virtual Controller IP address in live prod., will breaks the APs and knock users of

Anyone here to help with this, please!

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Changing the Virtual Controller IP address in live prod., will breaks the APs and knock users of

Okay, No one answered! I have figured out the issue. 

There is not required to mention the virtual controller VLAN, mask and gateway if the IP address of virtual controller is in the same subnet of IAPs. The VC will use the gateway of the IAP it is running on.   

Hope this helps to someone. 

Thanks. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: