Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Channel management in the Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Channel management in the Controller

Posted Jun 22, 2012 05:10 PM

Airheads,

I need to confirm the following information:

When we define the country code in the controller, we are locking to only transmit in channels 1.6 and 11, Im I correct?

So even if I can see the channels available to be selected, the AP will never can use other channels different than 1.6 and 11.

Please needs to confirm this.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Channel management in the Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2012 05:32 PM

When a country code is selected, all channels that are legal for that country can be used (which includes channels between 1, 6 and 11). However, by default the software only enables channels 1, 6 and 11. The set of allowed channels can easily be changed (not recommended though); this is not related to the country code selection.

• 3.  RE: Channel management in the Controller

Posted Jun 22, 2012 05:58 PM

Thank you, but after this, why does the country code works for ? I tought it was in place to lock the RF channels.

Im wondering about the purpose of the country code. Do you know it?

Thanks again.

• 4.  RE: Channel management in the Controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2012 06:23 PM

The country code does define the allowed channels and power levels (and a few other things), but the Aruba software does not automatically enable all channels that are legal to use in a particular country. For example, it is perfectly legal to use all channels 1-11 in the US, but it is common practice to only use 1, 6 and 11 to avoid channel overlap and inefficient use of the band. The US country code selection blocks channels 12 and 13 from use (these are legal in Europe), but does not restrict the usage of 1-11.