Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Chrome books are keep connecting and disconnecting in WLAN

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Chrome books are keep connecting and disconnecting in WLAN

Posted Dec 13, 2017 09:08 AM

Hi Everyone ,

I have an issue in our aruba WLAN , the chrome books are keep connecting and disconnecting intermittently in our WLAN . I have checked chrome book details  in Airwave , The speed is good and signal is good , but still this issue is happening with all chrome books .
     Can any one please help me onthis , 

• 2.  RE: Chrome books are keep connecting and disconnecting in WLAN

Posted Dec 13, 2017 11:38 AM

I can't speak specifically to Chromebooks as I don't have much experience with them directly.

However; I have had an issue on my wireless network where I've had wireless devices (All-in-One machines mostly) that will "see" two APs simultaneously and will go into this bizarre behavior where they will constantly flip back and forth between the two APs.  (The APs all share a common SSID.)

For the particular case I had, I ended up changing the SSID on one of the APs and that solved the problem.  The proper fix would be to adjust the power levels on the two APs to guarantee that the AP in the room with the device is always the strongest signal.

I don't know what your particular topology looks like, but if you've got two APs in close proximity to one another sharing the same SSID, you might try temporarily disabling one and seeing if your condition improves.

• 3.  RE: Chrome books are keep connecting and disconnecting in WLAN

Posted Dec 14, 2017 10:59 AM

Many thanks for your reply . But i have more than 30 Aps in the area . We are using AP105 . is it possible to change the Tx power level in the single Access point rather than the Virtual controller ?

• 4.  RE: Chrome books are keep connecting and disconnecting in WLAN

Posted Dec 15, 2017 12:39 PM

I would think so ... I would expect that you'd be able to adjust parameters like Tx and Rx power levels for each AP from the controller itself.  We are currently using Cisco APs in my organization with one Aruba AP-105 in our gymnasium.  As such, I'm not using the Aruba controller - although I'm in the process now of purchasing one (along with about 38 Aruba APs).

Check through the settings on your controller and see what you can find poking around in there.  Let us know what you find out as I may very well be in the same boat as you once I start our deployment.

• 5.  RE: Chrome books are keep connecting and disconnecting in WLAN

Posted Jan 19, 2018 04:32 PM

Did you get this worked out? I'm noticing some weird issues with our Chromebooks, as well. AP315.

• 6.  RE: Chrome books are keep connecting and disconnecting in WLAN

Posted Jan 19, 2018 05:23 PM

Keep in mind that ChromeBook's can get their WiFi settings from the Google admin console.

We had two entries for the same SSID in the Google admin console.

It caused havok until corrected.