Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Chromecast 2 can't connect to WiFi

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Chromecast 2 can't connect to WiFi

Posted Feb 23, 2016 09:06 AM

Hi there, since our customer has trouble connecting Chromecasts to their WiFi netwerk (using IAP215 on firmware 6.4.2.6.-4.1.1.7) we are testing at our own office.

We used as well an IAP103 on same firmware, as well on latest 6.4.4.3.-4.2.2.1.

Unfortunately we can't manage to make the Chromecast 2 work on Aruba Instant network. We have tried a OPEN and secured WPA2 WiFi network - with Services as DNLA enabled and disabled.

Does anyone understand and or can help with a solution? I have attached screenshot (they are in dutch but I put most importatn translation on it).

edit: ps I can ee in Instant the Chromecast has an IP, but on screen it stil shows 'trying to connect to network'.

• 2.  RE: Chromecast 2 can't connect to WiFi

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2016 10:32 AM

If you have broadcast filtering disabled on your SSIDs, it should work without Airgroup.  Please try that.

The only two reasons why you would need to use Airgroup Are:

- You have broadcast filtering set to "all" or "arp" on your SSIDS

- Your clients are not on the same subnet as your DLNA devices.

• 3.  RE: Chromecast 2 can't connect to WiFi

Posted Jun 17, 2016 10:32 PM

I am also having the same problem with a Chromecast 2 and multiple versions of Aruba IAP-205 firmware including the latest early release. Does anyone at the Aruba Lab have a chromecast to try? I am on a typical WPA2 network, multicast filtering disabled... 

David

• 4.  RE: Chromecast 2 can't connect to WiFi

Posted Oct 06, 2016 02:09 PM

Disabling broadcast filtering allowed my Chromecast 2 to operate normally when connected to IAP 205.  I can now successfully cast from devices connected to the same SSID.

• 5.  RE: Chromecast 2 can't connect to WiFi
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 06, 2016 02:54 PM

For me having any of the roaming features  (802.11r,k,v) enabled caused the Chromecast to not associate. I had to created a separate SSID profile without those enabled in order to get the Chromecast to connect. 

David