Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Chromecast Can't connect with Wi-Fi system

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Chromecast Can't connect with Wi-Fi system

Posted Jul 13, 2014 01:09 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

details of my aruba system as below :

Controller - 3400 and working with firmware 6.1.3.3

AP - 68

The Chromecast fails to join the network ,I have tried it on many network ,even on hotels and this provlem never happende to me before.I attach the error notification I got frome the chromecast as picture.

THE QUESTIONS :

- I found some information frome this website  about problem with chromecast that It seem support with AOS 6.4.x , but I would like to know if I still use AOS 6.1.3.3 , Have  any way to make it to wok with my Wi-Fi System ? or impossible ?   

- the AOS 6.4.x ,Is not support AP68 Right ? ...Why not ?

Thanks you all so much.

from Network Engineer in Thailand ^^//

• 2.  RE: Chromecast Can't connect with Wi-Fi system

Posted Jul 13, 2014 01:14 AM
    The AP-68 doesn't currently have a last supported release of AOS so it appears it should work. http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life-products/.

Yes you will need to upgrade to AOS 6.4 for ChromeCast to be properly discoverable in most situations. I'm not sure exactly why it won't join with the information given, but sometimes a code upgrade can help with the newer devices.

• 3.  RE: Chromecast Can't connect with Wi-Fi system

Posted Jul 13, 2014 01:24 AM

Thanks tsd25108 , I already read a link that you give me , I'm not sure the meaning of "TBD" , Can you tell me please ?

• 4.  RE: Chromecast Can't connect with Wi-Fi system

Posted Jul 13, 2014 02:03 AM
    To be determined. Usually means they've yet to give a final code release. If they haven't done that then it means it's still currently supported. You can also check the 6.4.1 release notes I believe to be sure. You can get them from the support site.

• 5.  RE: Chromecast Can't connect with Wi-Fi system

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 13, 2014 02:40 PM

Legacy, or non-802.11n, APs are not supported from 6.4 onwards, so the ap68 is fine.