Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Citrix Configuration and Suggestions

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Citrix Configuration and Suggestions

Posted Nov 06, 2015 12:56 PM

Can someone please post the configuration for the default citrix-acl policy?  Mine got tweaked and I don't recall the default config.  Based on the answer, I may have additional questions.

• 2.  RE: Citrix Configuration and Suggestions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2015 12:58 PM
    (Aruba7640-US) #show configuration | include citrix
    netservice svc-citrix tcp 2598
    ip access-list session citrix-acl
      any any svc-citrix  permit tos 46 dot1p-priority 6

• 3.  RE: Citrix Configuration and Suggestions

Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:02 PM

Thanks Colin.

You forsee any issues with Citrix being tagged DSCP 46 since MS Lync is as well?  Just thinking about areas of high density and the increased level of contention between Citrix/Lync.

• 4.  RE: Citrix Configuration and Suggestions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:07 PM

Here is what I would advise:

I would only start tagging Citrix if I am having application problems with Citrix.  Voice and Video are demonstrably more delay sensitive.  If you did tag Citrix, I would have no problems with it, unless Citrix users are in the majority.

• 5.  RE: Citrix Configuration and Suggestions

Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:13 PM

We're getting reports of users disconnecting from Citrix and I'm not sure if it's Wi-Fi/LAN/WAN yet.  As you said, I want to consider tagging to fix it, but am concerned about the tradeoff of affecting Lync.  Maybe I'll start with a lower ToS value, after I do some more digging into LAN/WAN side.

Aside from the default citrix ACL, I can't find any documentation, best practices, etc for deploying Citrix over wi-fi, let alone in a VoIP environment.

• 6.  RE: Citrix Configuration and Suggestions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:20 PM

Defining your problem and troubleshooting the issue is what should be done first.  Slow citrix is one thing.  Disconnects is another.