Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clarity Synthetic tests fail

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clarity Synthetic tests fail

Posted May 14, 2018 04:48 AM

Hi,

I am trying to run some tests with Clarity Synthetic but so far they fail. I either get 'Failed: Failed to establish websocket connection with syntheticAP' or 'Failed: Failed to establish gre & websocket connection with syntheticAP'

In any case, I can see in the audit trail of the local controller that the required configuration is being set correctly:

May 11 14:54:43  fpcli: USER:airwaves@10.50.56.10 COMMAND:<ap clarity-synthetic ap-name "AP00624" amsip-addr 10.50.56.25 forward-mode gre test-id "97b42d57-bad1-f7c1-6fe0-ce8c5578044d" mixed-mode band a > -- command executed successfully

AOS Version 6.5.4.2

AP225

Airwave 8.2.4

From the logs, GRE seems to be ok but Websocket fails: "Failed: Failed to establish websocket connection with syntheticAP","startTime":"2018-05-10 14:36:00.203014 UTC","greStatus":"SUCCESS"}

Any help much appreciated

• 2.  RE: Clarity Synthetic tests fail

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2018 12:20 PM

On the synthetic result, there's a collect logs function, if you can collect those, and then share in a support case -> support should be able to parse through the logs to see what happened.

• 3.  RE: Clarity Synthetic tests fail

Posted May 17, 2018 03:35 AM

Update on this: It appears that our firewall is blocking SSL traffic from the Clarity Engine to the AP which is where the 'websocket failed' message comes from. We will update the firewall to allow the traffic and I will update this post with the results