Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

ClearPass and MPSK

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can explain how the proposed MPSK feature work in AOS 8.4.0 would work in conjunction with ClearPass , if any documentation is available that would be handy. I know this unreleased code but it would potentially be useful for me I solving a particular customer challenge.

TIA

Guru Elite

Re: ClearPass and MPSK

Neither are released code so there is no documentation and can’t be discussed here.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Tim. Understood! I have reached out to our channel SE

Contributor II

How about now :)

I'm guessing MPSK doesn't have much to do with ClearPass, but I'd like to understand also if there is any interaction. We are still using PSK a lot for production, it's a trade off in security vs simplicity/less things to break. MPSK might be a good compromise?

Guru Elite

While the controller side is available, MPSK is not yet officially released. MPSK will only be supported with ClearPass and will be available in an upcoming release. It will become the recommended deployment model for headless/IoT devices.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

It looks like all it needs is that particular VSA sent back in the response. So does it need to ClearPass or it could be any radius server ?
Guru Elite

MPSK will only supported with ClearPass.

Contributor II

Ahh I see. So is every authentication handled by ClearPass then, nothing locally on the controller like traditional PSK? And does the client need to support it (WPA3?), or does the client see just a normal WPA2 PSK?

Guru Elite

It’s standard WPA2-PSK and will work with any existing client. The PSK in the SSID profile on the controller is not used.

Occasional Contributor I

mPSK has got nothing to with WPA3 it will continue to use WPA2

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: