Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Insight Guest Report

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Insight Guest Report

Posted Feb 28, 2020 01:17 AM

Good Morning,

we migrated to a new CPPM environment.

I did it via backup/restore. Everything seems to work correctly. So today i wanted to evaluate guest users of febuary. When i logged in to /insight i see insight was not enabled.

So I enabled Insight on publisher and subscriber.

Afterwards i ran the report which was already configured (should be out of the backup)

But there is no data inside the report.

I create new guest account because i thought data which was in created before activating insight would not be recognized.

But newly created guest account is not reported too.

Any Ideas? Does insight need some time to collect data?

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Insight Guest Report

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 01:49 AM

Hi

On any new ClearPass instance the insight is not enabled by default and since you have restored the backup when insight was not enabled probably you haven't take the insight backup from the old instance.

Hence there is no insight data if above statement is true. 

Generally it writes the insight data instantly in insight database and based on accounting and other information.

So please check the duration of report generation again or else work with TAC where we have any issues in updating the insight database on the server.

Hope this helps.