Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client Session Report Help

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Client Session Report Help

Posted Mar 28, 2013 03:19 PM

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if my syntax is just off.  I'm trying to run a client session report on 3 individual MAC addresses for a specific timeframe.  If I select to Filter on "Clients/Users" then I can use the "Client Search Filter".   I've tried to enter multiple MAC Addresses in this line without any luck.  I've tried separating by spaces, Commas or semi-colons with the same results every time.  Single MAC Addresses work fine, but I can't get the right expression for multiple.   

Is this even possible?  I would think so but I am starting to question it.  

If it makes a difference, I am on 7.6.2 currently, with plans to upgrade next week.

Any ideas or hints would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Client Session Report Help
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2013 01:43 PM

Looks like functionality hasn't been built to do multiple client/users.  This would be a good feature to request through the Ideas Portal on the support site.

After several report runs, it looks like for the 3 unique MACs, you'd have to run 3 reports.  Though in the broader scope, you can also do a common MAC match i.e. "24:77:03" - this will pull data from all clients with this partial in their MAC address.

clientsession.jpg

• 3.  RE: Client Session Report Help

Posted Apr 08, 2013 08:47 AM

Thanks Rob.  That is kind of what I was expecting.  I'll see if the idea has already been posted, and if not, add it to the list.