Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client amount not match

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Client amount not match

Posted Jan 18, 2012 11:58 AM

I just noticed thatNumber of users associated with AP in CLI show user-table | include [ap-name], GUI - ALL WLAN Clients [Filter with AP-Name] and GUI - All Access Points [b/g client + a client] not equal.

More information in attached file.

I don't have problem about information between CLI show user and GUI - All WLAN Clients.  <equa>

But I have problem about information between CLI show user + GUI - All WLAN Clients and GUI - All Access Points <not equal - in All Access Points number is very over>

I want to know number that refer b/g client + a client in All Access Points mean to ??? How it's different between them ??

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Client amount not match

Posted Jan 19, 2012 08:35 PM
    I would always trust the cli over the WebUI. Also, for whatever it's worth, using the "show user location [ap-name]" is an easier and quicker command.

• 3.  RE: Client amount not match

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 19, 2012 09:05 PM

@Suthinand wrote:

I just noticed thatNumber of users associated with AP in CLI show user-table | include [ap-name], GUI - ALL WLAN Clients [Filter with AP-Name] and GUI - All Access Points [b/g client + a client] not equal.

More information in attached file.

I don't have problem about information between CLI show user and GUI - All WLAN Clients.  <equa>

But I have problem about information between CLI show user + GUI - All WLAN Clients and GUI - All Access Points <not equal - in All Access Points number is very over>

I want to know number that refer b/g client + a client in All Access Points mean to ??? How it's different between them ??

Thank you.

You would have to have your specific logs analyzed by support so that they correlate all the information.  If it is wrong, they should have an explanation and file a bug.  What could affect this table is of course, timing, and whether a device was removed from the table and in what order on the GUI/CLI.

Support should be able to analyze.