Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

Posted Jul 24, 2017 03:54 AM

Hi,

I am very new to aruba networks  desperate for help with resolving the issue which i am facing,

Issue: We have an Aruba 3400 controller which is used for two different locations having access points 93 & 105 model,

location-1 has all the SSID in Tunnel mode and working fine,

whereas location-2 has all the SSID in bridge mode with 3 virtual AP, when connecting to one of the SSID in the virtual AP users are unable to get the ip address.

Note: all the SSID were working all these days without any issues, and the issue started recently.

• 2.  RE: Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 06:04 AM
    We're there any changes recently? If not, you should open a tac case.... If not, we would have to take a lot of guesses to determine what broke your network....

• 3.  RE: Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

Posted Jul 24, 2017 07:04 AM

Hi,

Thank you for replying

There weren't any changes made from our side and the issues started by itself.

if you need i can share with you the config.

• 4.  RE: Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 07:12 AM
    If the config has not changed, there would be nothing to see, if it has already been working. What supplies DHCP on that subnet?

• 5.  RE: Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

Posted Jul 24, 2017 07:47 AM

We have a local external DHCP server on location - 2 (locally) which serves the clients only in location-2. (whereas the Aruba 3400 controller is in location -1)

the SSID which is not working is from vlan 25, and we have cross verified on the local network switch, which seems that the subnet is working.

the Aruba APs also have other ssid's configured with different vlans in it and that all are working fine without any issues.

• 6.  RE: Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 07:50 AM

Okay.  Is it a single AP that is not working or multiple APs?

I would type "show audit-trail" on the controller commandline to see if there were any changes..

• 7.  RE: Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

Posted Jul 24, 2017 08:05 AM

hi,

i face the issues in multiple Aps in an AP group,

and i find no much changes in the "show audit-trail" only the adding of user mac address for authentication.

• 8.  RE: Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 08:17 AM

I would open a TAC case in parallel with this post.  Without understand how this is setup, it is hard to know where to start troubleshooting a problem that occurred without changes.

Please check to see if the trunk configuration on your switch has changed or verify that it is correct for the VLAN you are putting users on.

• 9.  RE: Client associated to Aruba but no ip address

Posted Aug 01, 2017 03:45 AM

hi,

Now it is working, the only thing i did was, i deleted the AAA profile which is mapped to that SSID and reconfigured it.

Thanks for your support.