Wireless Access

Super Contributor II

Re: Client issue after changing from tunnel to bridge mode

Jeremy: is your problematic clients always the same ones or does it differ? Did you double check that you have all your client VLANs tagged to the APs running bridge mode?

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP ACDP | CWNP: CWNE #306
Guru Elite

@Christoffer wrote:

For ~3 clients yes. Read the original post for a more detailed description of the issue.

Were those the only 3 clients with the issue?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Super Contributor II

Colin, to my knowledge yes. Out of about 20 clients in total.

Aruba Partner Ambassador
Guru Elite

@jwoodworth90 wrote:
Correct, Some would get DHCP and Some would not. DHCP Pools had plenty of
addresses available.
*Jeremy R. Woodworth*
*Network Supervisor*
*Mentor Public Schools*

jwoodworth90,

Please open a TAC case when you are ready to troubleshoot.  They would need to have your toplogy as well as what kind of DHCP server you are using, along with your logs.tar from your controller.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

All VLANS were tagged and the clients were always different.

*Jeremy R. Woodworth*
*Network Supervisor*
*Mentor Public Schools*
Super Contributor II

Ok Jeremy, your problem is something else than mine then. My problem always affects the same set of clients, hence I asume it to be some sort of client issue.

Aruba Partner Ambassador
Guru Elite

Christoffer,

You said the DHCP server is a router?  Is there any way to turn that off and deploy a different DHCP server that would have more diagnostic information about why ip addresses are not being received?

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

@jwoodworth90 wrote:
All VLANS were tagged and the clients were always different.

*Jeremy R. Woodworth*
*Network Supervisor*
*Mentor Public Schools*

jwoodworth90,

Since you do not have that setup in place, you should open a case with support when you have your setup in place, since we cannot get any specific data from your setup about what could be happening.  The factors leading to your issue could be numerous or individual, but without your setup in place, we cannot uncover anything in this thread...  On a basic level it should work and it works in many environments.  Unraveling why yours does not work requires your logs as well as a diagram of your infrastructure when your setup is in place.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Super Contributor II

I believe the ISP has a windows machine for DHCP and they use IP-helpers from their CPE. Anything special I want to check I´d have to involve them for troubleshooting.

Aruba Partner Ambassador
Guru Elite

Christoffer,

Since it is the same 3 devices, have you tried putting those 3 devices at a different site with the bridged configuration to troubleshoot?  If it is only those three devices, those should be the focus.  

You should build a test environment with the same configuration to understand what works consistently and try to make it as close to your existing environment as possible, so we can understand where this could break.  The ISP and their DHCP server is the key to understanding what is going wrong.  You might want to schedule a window with the ISP and Aruba TAC to do some end to end testing to understand where the dhcp packets could be dropping.  I don't want to just take the ISP's word that everything is being delivered reliably and DHCP is being sent back.  You said your packet capture indicates that dhcp is not returning, we need to know where it is being dropped with genuine end-to-end testing.  That is the only comprehensive solution to this...

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: