Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client issues ..

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Client issues ..

Posted Jan 08, 2015 05:25 PM

90% of my WiFi issues are client releated. This week after a long break I walk into client issue after client issue. Starting with new surface not reconneting coming out of sleep mode. Scanners that went live on a project that dont roam. Reports of a new laptop model just purchased with broadcoms arent connecting. 

You know what all these have in common ?

Not a single one came to my team for testing !

When will vendors who's very products rely on a medium for communciation actually test their products! 

As for the first one surface pro  .. I have one I use exculisvly for wifi tools. I havent played with the marvel at all. Is anything else having issues with the SP marvel ? I know there are a few blogs out there talking about it ... 

• 2.  RE: Client issues ..

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 08, 2015 05:28 PM
    Interesting. Surface Pro 3 is one of the clients we see the least problems with. 

• 3.  RE: Client issues ..

Posted Jan 13, 2015 08:41 AM

What I´m lacking with surface pro 3 is to be able to configure the NIC for verious scenarios lets say connect to 5ghz only, roam agressively, don´t use 11ac etc. 

I´m using the driver version: 15.68.3066.135

Anyone know if there´s another neat way to configure these kind of settings?

• 4.  RE: Client issues ..

Posted Jan 21, 2015 01:15 PM

The January SP3 firmware update allows selecting the band, and also (hopefully) fixes the resume from sleep and HyperV issues.

• 5.  RE: Client issues ..

Posted Jan 21, 2015 01:24 PM

Are you saying there is a January driver update for the NIC?

• 6.  RE: Client issues ..

Posted Jan 21, 2015 01:28 PM

Yes, the January firmware update includes a new network driver

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/install-update-activate/pro-3-update-history