Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client roams out of network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Client roams out of network

Posted Apr 22, 2013 10:21 PM

Hi, I am a nubie here and seeking some help. We have 12 Cisco AP's with the same SSID and 26 clients that are Teklogix 8560's with Cisco 350 cards. All has been working well until a new Teklogix 8580 was introduced into the network. It keeps disconnecting. I have an air magnet tool that tells me that the atheros ar5006 is roaming to AP's out of our network and dropping the connection  through our network. The profile has our ssid. The utility was set to open and when I set it to auto it worked much better but with WEP I know that is not recommended. Please help... 

• 2.  RE: Client roams out of network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2013 11:42 PM

Unfortunately, we cannot help you with Cisco equipment....  Please contact Cisco..

• 3.  RE: Client roams out of network

Posted Apr 23, 2013 12:01 AM

I believe roaming is a client controlled function. should a client roam outside its network to a different ssid?

• 4.  RE: Client roams out of network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Roaming is indeed a client function. Troubleshooting should be done with the client vendor and/or supplicant vendor. Outside of that, there's not much we can do on an Aruba board for a Cisco WLAN. Good luck!

• 5.  RE: Client roams out of network

Posted Oct 16, 2013 07:33 PM

I see that this is an old post but did you ever fix this? What is the SNR?  There's been issues with the AR5006, have you updated the driver and utility?