Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Clients drop off of wireless network

Thanks Colin,

> Do you have drop broadcast and multicast configured on all your virtual APS?

Yes... they drop broadcast/multicast

> If your PSK wlan only services 2.4 GHz clients please make sure in the virtual AP it is only broadcasting on the g band.

I'll make that change... Currently it's doing A/B/G

> Can you also make sure that PSK network is only being broadcast on the access points that need them by using ap groups?

It's already setup that way.

Would Airwave shed any light on these issues? I'm running it in eval mode right now, so I'm still learning how to drive it.

-Matt

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Airwave can give you more statistics about the access point rf performance if you have the "mgmt-server type amp primary" command executed on the controller.

It seems like you have congestion and/or contention. The medium only has a limited bandwidth for traffic and things like interference, a large number of users, management overhead and traffic decrease that.

How many users connect to that access point when traffic is at its peak?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN
Highlighted

I've posted some of the info Nightshade was asking for - please see the attachment.

> How many users connect to that access point when traffic is at its peak?

3 users are connected

Highlighted
Guru Elite

I hope you have a case open because there are quite a few pieces missing. If there are only three users connected to that access point in total, you need to ensure that you are dropping broadcasts for all virtual APS, you do not have unacceptable ref interference, or there is nothing between your access point and the users like metal or metal mesh that could be causing 70% retries. I do not think we can help you here if you do not open a case. We would be just guessing.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN
Highlighted

I got a qeustion to you

Does this happen always at any hour?

You said that when the bell rings this pos loose conectivity....if you are with your laptop let say really in the morming when noone is using the POS do you still see the problem?

When you run the command

show ap active ip-addr <ap ip address>

IT will show you the actual noise that it see at that momment... you should try run it many times when you see the issue... to see if you still see non 802.11 interference.

It would be nice if you had an airchecker from fluke.... it can tell you the channel utilization, interference and other good stuff when you do not have the RF licnse for the spectrum analysis...

I saw the output that you gave me and defenely its interference... the

show ap debug radio-stats ip-addr 172.22.140.118 radio 1 advanced | include Busy

Its above 20 which means interference.

Now inotice you ran the commands at different hours.... the uptime of the AP is 21mins... and when you reboot the AP or something like it you wont see the arm history of the AP... it will be wiped....

Did you reboot it? or something happened to the AP?

Collin is right its really hard to troublehshoot it if you dont even have spectrum analyzer to see whats happening...

----------------------------------------------------
Project engineer
Highlighted

> Now inotice you ran the commands at different hours.... the uptime of the AP is 21mins... and when you reboot the AP or something like it you wont see the arm history of the AP... it will be wiped....

Did you reboot it? or something happened to the AP?

I had flipped it over to an air monitor hoping I could see some if there was some rouge device out there.

I'll get a case going.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: