Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clients not showing up / but AP + Controller Status showing up

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Clients not showing up / but AP + Controller Status showing up

Posted Dec 12, 2011 03:11 AM

have some demo awms running which is feed by some mc800-16 , running 7.4.2-64bit , the APs and the controller are properly shown as "up" and also the status changes if dis-pluggin some RAP or something. But the clients stay all time "0" , but there are connected clients . i wonder that the status is just empty since a few weeks .

im confused where to poll here, cause the normal polling is active and i never had to manual "check" on the airwave webui to fetch the client informations from the controller.

regards

ben

• 2.  RE: Clients not showing up / but AP + Controller Status showing up

Posted Dec 12, 2011 03:18 AM

system performance tab says :

Device Polling
    SNMP Ping for 1 device(s) took 0.03 seconds (3 mins 44 secs ago)
    ICMP Ping for 1 device(s) took 0.20 seconds (25 days 21 hrs 33 mins 46 secs ago)

hm... strange.

• 3.  RE: Clients not showing up / but AP + Controller Status showing up

Posted Dec 12, 2011 03:22 AM

i think this has something to do with the latest update which took place in exact this period of time. if checking the AP's table on the Airwave it says "uptime" for all the AP's nearly the same time :

uptime: 25 days 21 hrs 53 mins

i wonder cause the AP's are giving their proper client information to the controller, on the controller looks everything "normal" regarding clients,

still strange ;-)

• 4.  RE: Clients not showing up / but AP + Controller Status showing up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2011 12:15 PM

In AMP, the controller is in a group.  On that group's Basic page, is polling for client data enabled?  If not, then I recommend enabling it.  If it is enabled, then something's wrong.  I'd recommend opening a case.

• 5.  RE: Clients not showing up / but AP + Controller Status showing up

Posted Dec 13, 2011 06:48 AM

yes; it's enabled :

Client Data Polling Period:10minutes.

already opened some case, they told about setting SNMP timeout to lesser value , and retries higher than "1" , i wonder cause nothing changed here in the controller/AP network , it's seperated from the corporate/guest and quite "low" , only 6 AP's , and 2 RAP#s , therefore nothing much here

regards

• 6.  RE: Clients not showing up / but AP + Controller Status showing up

Posted Jan 30, 2012 11:00 AM

Have you already configured SNMP on the controller and airwave server?