Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Posted Mar 25, 2019 01:47 PM
      |   view attached

Attempting to rebuild my cluster for CoA. I can't remove my second Cluster member..WHY. I'll be blowing it away I guess but I'd like to know for future the reasoning..

• 2.  RE: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 02:40 PM

Was it first removed from the cluster config above it?

• 3.  RE: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Posted Mar 25, 2019 02:46 PM

I can't delete it from the Cluster config in the group.

Error: Can not delete cluster profile as cluster group-membership with profile 'Cluster1' exists at node Managed Network > The-Beatles > Cluster-1 > 00:0c:29:c1:fc:36

So I attempt to remove the Cluster membership config from the MC itself...

Cluster reference could not be released. 

• 4.  RE: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Posted Jul 15, 2019 03:07 AM

Any solutions for this? I have the same issue.

• 5.  RE: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Posted Jul 15, 2019 10:18 AM

For all who may have the same issue:

The reason is a change of the group names in the Managed Devices section. If you change the group name after assigning a mobility controller to that group where the mobility controller is part of a cluster, the cluster configuration of the controller cannot be changed anymore. 

Changing the group name back will enable you to change the Mobility controller cluster configuration.

For this reason, I highly recommend to think about the group naming in advance.

Moreover it would be nice to have a mechanism implemented that prevents to change the group name.

• 6.  RE: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Posted Aug 14, 2019 01:42 PM

This is not the case with my setup.  Are there any other possible solutions to this error.  1 cluster member I can remove, the other I cannot.

• 7.  RE: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Posted Aug 15, 2019 02:50 PM

Hey,

Having the same problem here, running 8.4.0.0 in a lab. Can't find a solution (CLI or GUI).

It is not possible to delete the controller from the MM because it is in the cluster...

appreciate any thoughts.

• 8.  RE: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Posted Aug 15, 2019 02:55 PM

I was able to resolve this be rebooting the MM controllers.  It was just a lab setup so no big deal.

• 9.  RE: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Posted Aug 15, 2019 02:58 PM

Thanks! I will try!

• 10.  RE: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Posted Aug 15, 2019 05:12 PM

That worked! although I had to boot both MMs at the same time. Previous attempts with one at a time did not solve the issue. Thanks again!