Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Attempting to rebuild my cluster for CoA. I can't remove my second Cluster member..WHY. I'll be blowing it away I guess but I'd like to know for future the reasoning..

Re: Cluster Reference Could Not Be Released

Was it first removed from the cluster config above it?

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME

I can't delete it from the Cluster config in the group.

Error: Can not delete cluster profile as cluster group-membership with profile 'Cluster1' exists at node Managed Network > The-Beatles > Cluster-1 > 00:0c:29:c1:fc:36

So I attempt to remove the Cluster membership config from the MC itself...

Cluster reference could not be released. 

Contributor I

Any solutions for this? I have the same issue.

Contributor I

For all who may have the same issue:

The reason is a change of the group names in the Managed Devices section. If you change the group name after assigning a mobility controller to that group where the mobility controller is part of a cluster, the cluster configuration of the controller cannot be changed anymore. 

Changing the group name back will enable you to change the Mobility controller cluster configuration.

For this reason, I highly recommend to think about the group naming in advance.

Moreover it would be nice to have a mechanism implemented that prevents to change the group name.

This is not the case with my setup.  Are there any other possible solutions to this error.  1 cluster member I can remove, the other I cannot.

Contributor I

Hey,

Having the same problem here, running 8.4.0.0 in a lab. Can't find a solution (CLI or GUI).

It is not possible to delete the controller from the MM because it is in the cluster...

appreciate any thoughts.

I was able to resolve this be rebooting the MM controllers.  It was just a lab setup so no big deal.

Contributor I

Thanks! I will try!

Contributor I

That worked! although I had to boot both MMs at the same time. Previous attempts with one at a time did not solve the issue. Thanks again!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: