Clustering AOS8.1.x - terminate AP on different IP
09-19-2017 04:31 AM - edited 09-19-2017 05:46 AM
Hi Aruba specialists,
Currently I am trying to integrate AOS 184.108.40.206 with two 7220 controllers and one Virtual Mobility Master(vMM).
Initial Setup (for IPSEC to form between vMM and 7220_x) - 10.199.6.0/24 VLAN 600
- vMM: 10.199.6.1/24
- 7220_1: 10.199.6.2/24 (THIS IP IS USED AS CLUSTER-IP, no other IP can be selected as cluster IP)
- 7220_2: 10.199.6.3/24 (THIS IP IS USED AS CLUSTER-IP, no other IP can be selected as cluster IP)
For termination towards AP I want to create additional L3 interface on 7220_x as can be seen below: 172.16.1.0/24 VLAN 500
AP-termination Setup (for IPSEC to form between vMM and 7220_x)
- 7220_1: 172.16.1.1/24
- 7220_2: 172.16.1.2/24
- 7220_x: 172.16.1.3/24 (VRRP IP for DHCP option 43 - VRRP master is 7220_1)
What I see, is that after contacting "VRRP IP 172.16.1.3" the AP actually tries to contact the cluster IP adresses "7220_1> 10.199.6.2" and "7220_1> 10.199.6.3". What I tried is changing LMS-IP, but that did not seem to change the behavior, the AP still has a wish to connect to 10.199.6.2 and 10.199.6.3.
NOTE: There is NO traffic allowed between both used IP-subnets. Alls AP should excusivly connect to 172.16.1.0/24
1. Is there any way to terminate an AP towards a cluster, without actually "terminating" on the "cluster IPs", but terminating on "newly created L3 interfaces"?
2. Is there any way to "change" the IP's used by clustering?
3. Am I missing something?