Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clustering different HW controller modells

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clustering different HW controller modells

Posted Jul 06, 2018 02:56 AM

Hello!

I am trying to cluster an aruba 7030 physical controller and an aruba 7030 US physical controller under a mobility master. In the full setup, I set both controllers to US. They both come up on the MM, but they say they fail to establish IPsec tunnel with each other. Can the controller modell cause this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

• 2.  RE: Clustering different HW controller modells
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2018 04:21 AM

Are you trying to cluster a ROW controller with a US controller?  Those conntrollers cannot serve the same region so I would guess No.

It might work as a proof of concept, but later they might change that.

• 3.  RE: Clustering different HW controller modells

Posted Jul 06, 2018 04:23 AM

Ok! Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Clustering different HW controller modells

Posted Jul 06, 2018 04:59 AM

Set the country code of the ROW controller to US?

• 5.  RE: Clustering different HW controller modells

Posted Jul 06, 2018 05:05 AM

Yes, I have tried that, but under the mobility master if I look at the controller, one is displayed as "aruba 7030" an the other is "aruba 7030 US". It starts to negotiate connection and then it fails.

(These are just test equipments, so this is not a big problem for me. Just wanted to check this for future reference.)

• 6.  RE: Clustering different HW controller modells

Posted Jul 06, 2018 06:17 AM

Is the cluster negotiation connection failed? I tested with 7024-US and 7024-RW, and the cluster negotiated L2 connection successfully.The test version is 8.3.0.0

• 7.  RE: Clustering different HW controller modells
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2018 06:36 AM

dkatai@valkyr.hu wrote:

Yes, I have tried that, but under the mobility master if I look at the controller, one is displayed as "aruba 7030" an the other is "aruba 7030 US". It starts to negotiate connection and then it fails.

(These are just test equipments, so this is not a big problem for me. Just wanted to check this for future reference.)

Type "show lc-cluster group-membership" to see if you can see the error.