Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

CoA VRRP for 2 Clusters

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  CoA VRRP for 2 Clusters

Posted Oct 03, 2018 03:20 PM

Hi, I have a new AOS v8 system configured consisting of 2 MM's and 6 MD's. I have configured the MD's into 2 clusters. 1 cluster of 4 MD's and 1 cluster of 2 MD's. I need the CoA VRRP's configured for both clusters and will be using the same VLAN for all to connect to my Clearpass server. My problem is that for cluster 1, the CoA configuration uses VRRP instances 220-223 which is fine but for cluster 2 it starts again from 220 which obviously won't work. Surely as the clusters are both managed by the same MM it would know that it had already used vrrp 220? Personally I think making the cluster choose the vrrp instance numbers  from 220 - 225 is wrong as you may already have these in use in your network. Anyway, does anyone know the answer to this problem?

• 2.  RE: CoA VRRP for 2 Clusters

Posted Oct 04, 2018 05:41 AM

Hi,

I think, VRRP router IDs are chosen independently per cluster. Without verifying, if two clusters reside in the same VLAN/IP-network.

Since cluster-vrrp-ids cannot be set manually, only way I see today is to seperate the two clusters in different VLANs.

Since today I was in the lucky situation, that I could change existing router IDs away from IDs used in the cluster easily. But I also would like to be able to configure the IDs manually.

Regards, Jörg

• 3.  RE: CoA VRRP for 2 Clusters

Posted Oct 05, 2018 09:20 AM

Thanks for the reply Jörg.

I really don't want to have to add additional VLAN's in my network though. This would also mean that RADIUS server configuration would need to be different between the clusters. Also additional configuration on my Clearpass servers. Its not as if the two clusters are under separate MM's, they are both managed by the same

• 4.  RE: CoA VRRP for 2 Clusters

Posted Mar 26, 2019 01:51 PM

Hello, are there any updates to the ability for more than one cluster to exist in the same L2 VLAN, and be able to tune VRRP accordingly? 

• 5.  RE: CoA VRRP for 2 Clusters

Posted Mar 26, 2019 06:24 PM

Hi, no update as of yet. The last information given to me was that it may be available in version 8.5. I am hoping this will be released soon as I have controllers waiting to be deployed into the second cluster

• 6.  RE: CoA VRRP for 2 Clusters

Posted Jun 10, 2019 06:16 PM

This is availble in 8.5, and I have tested in my lab; it does work!

• 7.  RE: CoA VRRP for 2 Clusters

Posted Jun 12, 2019 02:31 AM

Hi, thanks for the update. I will go ahead and test in our lab. 

• 8.  RE: CoA VRRP for 2 Clusters

Posted Jul 29, 2021 06:42 AM
    Hi,

I still get the the error

'Warning: VRRP ID intersects with existing cluster profile WLAN-RH , if the two clusters are in the same L2 network may have network impact'

I am runnning 8.6, can i just ignore this message to am I missing something in the configuraiton for this ?

Both MD clsuters and in the same l2 network

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

------------------------------
    David Hurley
    ------------------------------