Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Compatibility issue

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Compatibility issue

Posted Feb 19, 2019 07:58 AM

Hi,

I have set of Aruba 7210 controller with different models of access points like 200 and 300 series . On instant access points  i can see all the access points but when i connect these Access points to controller through switch im unable to see any AP on controller although i have enabled dhcp server on controller .  

I am new to this Aruba world kindly suggest what should i do now ?

Help would be appreciated .

• 2.  RE: Compatibility issue
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 19, 2019 08:35 AM
    Have you converted the Instant APs to campus APs? They won't show on the controller otherwise..

Check this video out for details of how to convert the APs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfl6gYPuyVs

• 3.  RE: Compatibility issue

Posted Feb 19, 2019 11:32 PM

hi sir, is it the same method if i have newly bought IAP 315 and need to join to my virtual controller? do i need to convert first my IAP 315 to campus AP and it will automatically detected by the controller? thank you.

• 4.  RE: Compatibility issue

Posted Feb 20, 2019 04:22 AM
    No. That's a different issue. I'm assuming you are just adding a new IAP 315 to an existing IAP virtual controller?

Just patch the new AP into the L2 network that the existing IAPs are on. It should just appear on the virtual controller IAP web console.

Be aware that you need to ensure that the existing IAPs are on a firmware version that the new IAP supports.

• 5.  RE: Compatibility issue

Posted Feb 19, 2019 08:50 AM

Thank you very much !

after converting now access points are visible on controller.

Actually firstly it was not converting Ap to campus but it converted .now

Thank you again