Wireless Access

Contributor I

Re: Complete list of RAP ports

Had to open a TAC case.  What we discovered is the RAPs come up in the correct role as a RAP, then after a minute or two they bootstrap and come up as campus APs.  Was on a call 4 hours yesterday, escalated and no resolution.  Sent them the flash and they are trying to lab it to see if it behaves the same way on their controller.  

System is a new 7030 on 6.4.2.3 code.  APs are RAP-3WNP converted to RAPs controlled by Controller.  APs act the same way whether they are converted to the controller IP, or firewall IP.  I tried going back to the 6.4.1.0 code that came on the controller, but had the same result.  I almost wonder if the cert is bad on the controller?

Contributor I

How would a RAP-3WNP connected outside a firewall, converted to a RAP using firewall's public IP display a LMS of the controller's IP when there is not a LMS IP configured in the AP Group > AP System profile?

Guru Elite

Wifi_Willie,

When you convert an AP, the ip address you  point it to, is saved into flash, and the AP uses that ip address forever, unless you reprovision it with another ip address.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

I understand that.  The IP I pointed the RAP to in the conversion process is not the controller's IP, but the firewall's IP.  The AP comes up as a RAP with a non-routable IP, plus the actual IP, and then bootstraps and shows back up with the routabkle IP and in the details lists the controller's IP.

Weird.

Guru Elite

wifi_willie,

The AP is pointed to the firewall's address, but that is just port forwarded to the controller via static NAT, right?  Do you have the RAP in the whitelist?  What ap-group is it in?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

in the RAP whitelist, pointing to RAP AP Group

Guru Elite

Does the RAP ap group have an ap system profile?

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

It does.  There is no LMS configured.

Guru Elite

What is the output of:

show rights ap-role

show rights sys-ap-role

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Attached

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for