Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Config Not Saving After WLAN Wizard

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Config Not Saving After WLAN Wizard

Posted Aug 01, 2012 12:27 PM

I'm experiencing an issue I haven't seen before. I have an existing production 3200 master controller that also has an existing 620 local controller. I'm in the process of adding an additional 620 local controller at a different location. My plan is to have a new AP Group for this location with 3 new WLAN's configured on the master that will be used at this new remote location. All of the controllers are running 6.1.3 AOS.

My issue is that when I comlete the WLAN configuration wizard, the new APA group and all associated WLAN's are not being saved. As far as I can tell there are no licensing limitations and I don't receive any error messages during the config wizard. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Config Not Saving After WLAN Wizard

Posted Aug 01, 2012 05:04 PM

When I first started with Aruba I had a nasty habit of clicking Save Configuration rather that the second Finish button that is presented and I would suffer the symptoms you describe.

In short the Wizard, will bring you the end and you will be presented with a button that says Finish.  You click it and are presented with the opportunity to review your config..you must click the Finish button again.  However, up above the Save Configuration button is exposed...you need to click Finish before clicking anything else.

Not sure if this is your issue but I figured I would share my experience.  Consider calling TAC if the issue persists.

• 3.  RE: Config Not Saving After WLAN Wizard

Posted Aug 03, 2012 05:32 PM

Clayman,

I started to notice the same issue recently as well. Called TAC and they said they haven't seen it before.  I can replicate the issue using Firefox but did not think of using a different browser,  Will try with another browser and see if the issue is still there.

***Update:

So I tested it with IE9 and it worked fine.

Firefox 14 does not work.  The wizard also does not prompt you for the role assignment with Firefox.  Strange. 

• 4.  RE: Config Not Saving After WLAN Wizard

Posted Aug 09, 2012 01:30 PM

Thanks for the tip...I've been trying to create a new SSID for over a week with FF. 

• 5.  RE: Config Not Saving After WLAN Wizard

Posted Aug 09, 2012 06:03 PM

Yep, thats what it was for me as well. I had to use IE9.